Why Should a Building have a Fire Partition wall?
A fire partition wall is a vertical setting in a building that stops the fire from traveling any further. If it does not stop spreading, at least the fire encounters obstacles in its way before it rages across floors and departments. It also helps give the occupants of the building enough time to escape for safety.
Also, if there is a fire in the building, the people in that building have to vacate the premises at the earliest. There has to be an escape route.
Ever wonder why some buildings have fire exit escape routes mapped out? All buildings should have fire exit routes. These fire exit routes are designed to not let the fire pass through. It could include a separate section of a flight of stairs with minimum fire-stimulant items on the premises. Most routes are constructed outside the building in the form of stairs, hanging ropes, and inclined chutes, among others.
Therefore, these escape paths are constructed where people are directed out of the premises. After this, the fire brigade experts can enter the premises to manage the fire and also check for people trapped inside.
Advantages of having a fire partition wall
There are two types of fire partitions: vertical and horizontal.
A vertical partition is a non-load-bearing partition wall made from brick, concrete, sandwich partitions, or shaft walls. A horizontal partition involves floors, protective membranes, or ceilings.
Today, we’re here to talk about the advantages of a vertical fire partition wall should its purpose suit your needs.
· A fire partition wall allows the whole area to be divided into many rooms. In the occurrence of a fire rage, it may take a longer time to spread, giving people the necessary time to escape.
· They are constructed from light, sound, uniform, homogeneous, durable, and sound insulating materials.
· These walls take up less space and are economical in construction.
· It also provides privacy, therefore, a solution to separate cabins and rooms.
· A fire partition wall can be easily constructed in any position and setting.
· It resists fire, dampness, heat, white ants, or fungus, among other irritants.
· Due to its load-bearing capacity, it can withstand vibrations generated from unforeseen hazards.
· These walls are also strong enough to support sanitary fittings and heavy fixtures.
To buy a fire partition wall, you can purchase on an international sale. You can directly buy a quantity available at the manufacturer’s factory.
Is a fire partition different from a fire barrier?
There is a difference between a fire partition wall and a fire barrier. The differentiation is based on the rating score assigned to them based on their timeframe of fire resistance. The rating is done by the IBC i.e. the International Building Code.
The IBC requires that the fire barrier must sustain no less than one-hour fire-resistance rating. On the other hand, a fire partition wall has a slightly different rating. It must have a fire-resistance rating of no less than 30 minutes. Its minimum requirement should be at least one hour depending on the structure of the building.
Fire partitions are required at multi-dwelling units like shopping malls, dormitories, and hotels, MNC corporate buildings, etc.
How to manage a fire hazard escape situation
Firewalls can help create an environment more viable towards safety. However, it is also essential that the occupants are aware of the safety steps to be taken during a fire hazard attack.
You may be an employer who has just been informed about a fire or has witnessed a fire break out in the building. There are a few wise steps you need to take to ensure your safety and that of your employees.
· First and foremost, contact the fire brigade immediately.
· One needs to remain calm and composed, keeping their presence of mind.
· Upon noticing a fire, immediately look for the alarm and raise it by shouting “fire”.
· Do not attempt to open a door from under which smoke is seen flowing out.
· If possible, help any patients, visitors, or disabled people to evacuate to the premises.
· Close all doors and fire doors as you go.
· Once you are out of the building, do not return until authorized by the fire brigade officer in charge.
· While evacuating the building, if possible, ensure that any missing persons are alerted to the fire brigade officer.
· Do not use the lift to exit the building but instead use the stairs directed through the fire escape route.
OUR TEST REPORT
HUIYA RAISED FLOOR has all kinds of different test reports, such as 1000lbs 1250lbs 1500lbs OA bare raised floor CISCA 2007, EN12825-2001, and Fire Test ASTM E136-11 and Laminate Floor Covering NEMA LD 3-2005.
HUIYA is an international Export Company, especially in Raised Floor Area. Our HUIYA OA Raised Floor design is to be the same as the world brand raised floor design. and we want you to join us and attend world interior building Raised Floor Project.
These are only few Test Reports shown below:
HUIYA Payment And Export Condition
Payments: Telegraphic Transfer / Letter of Credit at sight
Shipping method: Support Sea Freight.
Export Country: Shipping From China
Delivery: Estimated 50-250SQM/2 weeks preparation.
Estimated 500-100000SQM( Two Weeks Preparation and 1 day for 500SQM).
Sample: Sample is Free and International Delivery Fee Paid by Customer
Container Loading: 500SQM/20ft Container
MOQ: No Quantity Limitation
Returns: Does not accept returns
While fire partition walls are constructed in strategic areas to ensure your safety, make sure to always practice regular drills. Keep your employees educated on what precautions and preventions need to be taken for fire hazards.