Raised Floor Grommet
We have designed the Raised Floor Grommet to seal new or existing cable penetrations in the data center raised floor environments. You can get the split two pieces design that allows you for installation along the edges of a raised floor tile. With this innovative approach, the cables don’t get captured, and we can remove the tiles quickly without disrupting the network.
We use the highest quality nylon brushes that are durable and provide a seal around the cables to reduce air bypass.
What is a Raised Floor Grommet?
A raised floor grommet is a durable round insert piece to help you run cable wires underneath your floor. It goes well with mostly raised flooring systems. These can protect the wiring insulation and people’s hand from getting cut by the sharp edges from a cut panel. It provides the perfect pathway for wiring equipment beneath the floor.
These in-floor grommets have rotating covers that can efficiently cover the cables and close perfectly around them. Hence, you can prevent debris or show heels from slipping into it and getting stuck. These are also called holes, sleeves, ports, trims and round moulding.
4" Round Split Raised Floor Grommet
The Split feature of Huiya Round 4″ Raised Floor Grommet allows product installation or removal without disturbing cables in the data center.The Grommets contain no loose or partially fastened parts, which can become separated or fall through the raised floor.
Round Grommet size: 5.61" x 1.90".
Cutout size: 4".
Color: Black. Single unit.
Maximum cutout size sealed 4.125"
Usable cable area 9.6 sq. inch
Hole cut diameter 4”
Overall size (diameter x height) 143mm x 48mm
Why you need Raised Floor Grommets
Raised floor grommets serve you in many ways. These products can efficiently seal the airflow into the false floorings. Hence, you can save power, electricity bill and increase cooling for a low price. They can make your life more manageable and safer without being heavy on your pocket. Some of the utilities of these products are as follows.
- These products provide a passage for your cables to run underneath the flooring seamlessly.
- You can quickly remove the raised tiles without disturbing the network below.
- They are eco-friendly and a less harsh option than the traditional methods.
- You can quickly add or remove more cables with the rotating cap design.
- Raised floor grommets are cost-effective, and they are easy to clean.
- These user-friendly products are so easy to use that you can install these yourselves without any professional help.
Where to Use Raised Floor Grommets
Places like classroom settings, call centres, and data closets or sites with many people near hazardous wires need these pieces for their safety and convenience. The floor grommets are available in different sizes and materials to suit your needs and your budget. The following places should have raised floor grommet systems.
- Commercial buildings
- Private buildings
- Banquet halls
- Date closets
You can get them in several sizes as per your requirement and remodel your place for a lower cost than the traditional methods. These products come in an immense range of finishes and looks. The best part is that you don’t need to miss out on making the site look classier than ever before.
How to Use Raised Floor Split Grommet
You can use the raised flooring systems to become a progressive household in your neighbourhood. These standard systems are state of the art; these are effective and meet your luxurious tastes. The grommets can reduce bypass airflow within the raised floor, effectively increasing the cooling from the air conditioners. You can install them around many power sockets as a safety cover, cable protector, etc.
How to Install Raised Floor Grommets
- Data centres can produce a lot of heat that people have to manage the property to ensure all equipment functions optimally. These devices require a cooling system compulsorily. If you wish to install raised floor grommets to plug it and prevent cold air escape, you can do it yourself.
- Firstly, you need to cut holes in the raised floors according to the shape of the grommet. If it is circular, you need a circular hole, and if it is rectangular, you can drill it with a hole saw or such machines.
- After drilling the holes with proper pieces of equipment, you can install the grommet with a power drill and its attachments. After measuring the items, you mark the place you want your grommet and insert the grommet.
- Next, you can run your cables through it and you are done!
How To Install 4" Round Raised Floor Grommet？
The pieces of equipment do not cost much. If you decide to buy them, they will last you a lifetime. Hence, you will ultimately save much more than you spend.
If you are hunting for ways to save on your electric bill, or if you want to keep your wires and cables organized, raised floor grommets are a fantastic option. Apart from being cheap, they are durable and environment friendly. The unique design of the bristles can effectively decrease dust accumulation in the space between the tiles by up to 85%.
Our products are widely acclaimed, and many have switched to the greener, safer and affordable lifestyle with these raised floor grommets. Get them installed or install them on your own. Either way, they are there for the long run to make your life easier.