HUIYA ESD1000LBS Raised Floor
Choosing the Right ESD Floor often comes as a responsibility to safeguard the premises from unforeseen shock. Electrostatic discharge (ESD) is seen as an invisible threat to electronic parts, systems, and other critical operations. Any ignorance, especially in the construction of the floor, could damage the equipment’s and the company can face downtime. So how ESD raised floor can be useful? ESD raised floor has been found very useful in eliminating the risk of random ESD events and does meet the latest industry-approved business flooring standards.
ESD Raised Floor in tech-oriented premises can ensure the following benefits:
· Static Discharge Control – ESD raised floor minimizes the injury caused by static electricity.
· Safeguard people and equipment – ESD flooring ensures people and equipment are grounded in a static sensitive environment.
· Durability – ESD Raised Floor is made of industrial grade and long-lasting material.
· Low maintenance – Installation and maintenance of ESD floor is simple and straightforward. It can also be placed over existing floors and cane be sealed easily.
9 Commandments of ESD Raised Floor
1. Examine your environment i.e. Where the floor will be installed? Is it in a stringently controlled ESD-protected area? This evidently helps in choosing the raised floor of precise specifications and even saves you from mishappening.
2. Get experts to check static-control terminology. Static-control terminology varies per project (such as call center, data center, or modern offices). Thus, for accurate estimation, we’d recommend calling an expert for a well-informed decision.
3. Analyze your budget i.e., what’s your total investment value? It is necessary to explore all the options and possibilities under your budget. Do consider maintenance and repair as part of the initial investment.
4. Hire Trusted Vendor. A trusted vendor gets the job done with accuracy and delivers 100% satisfaction. Having a trusted vendor even helps you to adhere to all the protocols and necessary specifications required for a perfect ESD flooring.
5. Footwear Type. Footwear affects the performance of ESD-raised flooring. While evaluating the floor specification, it is recommended to take into account the type of footwear used in the office.
6. Matching floor with industry standards. Matching floor with industry-standard is perhaps one of the most crucial tasks in the installation of ESD-raised floors – and only a few are capable of delivering the best in classwork.
7. Checking durability. Durability requirements of ESD raised floor covers panel systems, grounding standards, and gripping. This helps in finding out the specifications suitable for high or low traffic areas.
8. Checking the conductivity. Make sure the floor provides a safe passage to the ground. HUIYA experts find the sweet spot for conductivity and procced diligently with installations.
9. Comparing Types of Flooring. ESD raised floor comes in various types such as ESD Carpet Tile, ESD Solid Vinyl Tile, and ESD Rubber. Each of them has a separate performance standard and meets ANSI/ESD standard.
ESD Raised Floor: Installation and Maintenance
Just like any floor, ESD requires precise installation and maintenance efforts. Though maintenance is DIY friendly, installation often requires professional assistance.
Before installation, give a close look at the premises i.e., the floor condition, is the concrete ready for installation? Does the floor need leveling? Moreover, always test the moisture in the subfloor for vapor or moisture problems.
Compare to other raised floor units, ESD raised floors are a specialty product and require well-thought consideration. For the best possible outcome, we would recommend onboarding an experienced installation.
Installation Guide of ESD Raised Floor
· Floor Condition – Is the floor leveled or patched? If there are cracks or irregularities, it must be filled asap.
· Concrete Conditions – Some concrete floor like New (green) concrete takes almost 90 days to heal. This is because of the high moisture content; adhesives will not stick to green concrete without applying the right base coat.
· Moisture Condition in Floor – Condition under and around the floor should also be thoroughly evaluated for activities related to moisture, water clog, drainage, and aquifer. Bear in mind, dealing with moisture can be expensive. However, with proper coating, the problem can be quickly resolved.
· Types of Installation – ESD Floor can be installed by various methods. You have to choose your installation process wisely. HUIYA adheres to one-to-one positioning method, overlap installations, panel factory lamination, and hard-surface free-lay installations. The type of installation is mainly depending on the design standards and property conditions.
· Industry compliance – ESD Raised Floor Installers must meet the industry compliance i.e. ANSI/ESD S20.20 in conjunction. This is something we specifically pat attention to during raised floor installation.
Have Questions? Call us.
HUIYA is in the business of raised floor (installation and repair) for almost a decade. Driven by technology and backed by a team of professionals, we bring innovation in raised floor installation – helping you to uncover all the possibilities. For more details, work demonstration, and samples, do contact us today.